Thankful for Fields of Plenty #WriteOut

A WriteOut Prompt

Once again we write and share for  #writeout from the National Writing Project / National Park Service two week celebration of parks and the outdoors. Click the links for many ways and several places and different prompts to explore and write about the outdoors. So, what prompt did I chose for today?

Park Ranger Lia from Carl Sandburg National Park invites us to share our connections to farms– be sure to visit the virtual page here.

My Dinner Table

Every meal I am thankful to those who around the world connected to the ecosystem of farming — so many people and livelihoods are involved in bringing the food we eat to us. Even the National Park Service has restaurants featuring local foods. Take a look at your plate tonight and say a thank you to those who worked to bring it to your from soil and toil to table. If you would like more information on farming, visit the student center at the National Agriculture in the Classroom website.

Fruitful Fields

Sometimes I wonder where my food comes from [USDA], whenever I pass through an area growing crops — in fields and orchards or farms and ranches to systems of safety and delivery– I snap a picture to remind myself that these people are indeed so important.

Forever Thankful

Forever Thankful

Forever thankful-yes:
In weather unpredictable
On land rolling in rocks,
The strong ones toil in every season-
planning, preparing, planting, producing-
food that graces our table
Yes: thankful forever.

Sheri Edwards
102121 29436521
Poetry/Photography

How are you connected to farming?