Learn everywhere #etmooc #ceetopen popcorn

We learn everywhere… In #etmooc and #ceetopen, we encourage collaborative learning by challenging each other to try building artifacts that demonstrate understanding. Our #ceetopen participants (and my PLN buddies Scott Boylen and Denise Krebs ) recorded very short videos of Continue reading Learn everywhere #etmooc #ceetopen popcorn

Remix: Beauty of Connected Stories #etmooc

Stories: crystals of life held for time… A remix…   Watch Darren Kuropatwa‘s archived session here, learn from Darren’s Slides and find more resources here. During the session Darren asked participants to record and share 5 seconds of video with him via DropitTOme and Continue reading Remix: Beauty of Connected Stories #etmooc

Connect in the Middle: Tweet #midlevt One idea

Let’s brighten up our connections: Here’s an idea, this first project from 2//11/13 to 2/17/13: Please tweet with #midlevt an idea you are using in your classroom (lesson, tool, strategy). It could be an easy tweet, or link Continue reading Connect in the Middle: Tweet #midlevt One idea

Tracking Your Own Story: Memolane #etmooc

Have you thought of what your own footprint looks like? Or the story it tells? Imagine students curating their footprints — and able to see how their world reaches back through their connections? In the Digital Story Telling review, I Continue reading Tracking Your Own Story: Memolane #etmooc

Best Connectedness Video by@thecleversheep #etmooc #ceetopen

Build your Personal Learning Neighborhood How? Learn from @thecleversheep This presentation of Seven Degrees of Connectedness by Rodd Lucier @thecleversheep is the best introduction to connectedness, to taking a risk and starting to build a Personal/Professional Learning Network (or Neighborhood) I Continue reading Best Connectedness Video by@thecleversheep #etmooc #ceetopen

Digital Story Telling Poetry – A Project #etmooc

I’m behind ( need rhizome post) and ahead (digital storytelling) — racing like a turtle  and I can’t keep up, yet I add to the story with a segment from  past post from 2009 because of this encouraging post by Continue reading Digital Story Telling Poetry – A Project #etmooc

Art in the Middle #etmooc

Oh how I love this video introduction by Susan Angel. Her gentle words spill over into the artwork floating behind her story. This is what our schools should be about: exploring who we are and where our talents are. What Continue reading Art in the Middle #etmooc

The thing about learning is we forget; #etmooc

The thing about learning is we forget… Jamshed Bharucha Thank you, Gabriel Bunster, so much for leading me to this TED TALK by Jamshed Bharucha. I have been pondering this dilemma for years as I am required to post and Continue reading The thing about learning is we forget; #etmooc

Building Our Neighborhood Neighbourhood #midlev #etmooc

Welcome to our wiki!  We have members !  We have resources, including a Diigo group and Evernote Notebook. We have ideas for prompts and projects on the page Possible Projects. All because we, together, want to build a neighborhood Continue reading Building Our Neighborhood Neighbourhood #midlev #etmooc

Expanding Hubs Vlog 2 #etmooc

In the image above you see part of the “hubs” of my world, from local to global, personal to professional. If you click the image, it takes you to my Flickr image, complete with links. From each of these parts Continue reading Expanding Hubs Vlog 2 #etmooc

Connected In The Middle #etmooc #midleved

If I’m conversing with my global partner, my partner is my teacher. After the conversation and chat in the webinar for  #etmooc, I needed to reflect on how connected learning looks at the middle school level. And, of course, Denise, Continue reading Connected In The Middle #etmooc #midleved

Expanding Universes #etmooc #midleved

Small Universe: My Hub I’m still getting a handle on this #etmooc. And I think I’ve got it. If you are still unsure, just watch the video at The Clever Sheep by Rodd Lucier. He discusses the hub of our Continue reading Expanding Universes #etmooc #midleved

Thinking: It’s Emotional #ETMOOC

I’ve met some fantastic and caring people in this first week of  #ETMOOC . I’ve already posted about how Ben Wilkoff has guided me. I’ve also met Lorraine Boulos, a fellow middle school teacher. We’ve discussed so much about inquiry based learning and Continue reading Thinking: It’s Emotional #ETMOOC

Introduction #ETMOOC In My Classroom

In my classroom at the end of the day, I wondered what could I share about me?  Here’s the contribution: About Me #ETMOOC In the Classroom from Sheri Edwards on Vimeo.   What Else? This is a question we ask Continue reading Introduction #ETMOOC In My Classroom

Coalesced Connections at #etmooc

Overwhelmed. Learning. Connecting. Contributing. Moving forward. However, Ben Wilkoff reminds us that: Please join this vialogue with Ben’s vlog, “Mutually Beneficial Friction: How We Stop Skimming The Surface Of Ideas” which includes an excerpt from Rodd Lucier’s socialcam post, “Like Spokes Continue reading Coalesced Connections at #etmooc