A hiker bundled up warmly
treks through magical spikes
of frosted spruce
a blue landscape
tinged along the horizon
in a ribbon of orangey-pink
aware and prepared
for winter’s wonderland.
Strong verbs: bundled, treks, scattered, tinged, aware, prepared
- hiker bundled
- frosted spruce scattered
- blue landscape
- blue landscape tinged along the horizon in a ribbon of orangey-pink
Poem by Sheri Edwards
Image by Lauri Sten on Flickr CC A, NC, SA
The photo is called “Blue Hour at Riisitunturi;” Riisitunturi is a national park in Finnish Lapland, which is just under the Arctic Circle! Follow the link to visit!
I like this photo because the people there probably would not close school due to snow: they are accustomed to it and have the equipment to deal with it — including snow shoes!
This is a continuation of #blogging28 and my February Goals.
Continue a Blog Short from this week.
This post is from Edublogs 50 New Blog Post Ideas for Students: #28
28. Add an image from Photos For Class to a post and write about it. Create a poem, story, information report, or any other style of writing!
Things to notice– and possible expectations for students:
- Citation from Photos For Class appended to the picture [see featured image at top]
- Poem created to describe photo
- Author added writing strategy examples in poem as learned from class
- Further citations added by author
- Information about photo added with links
- Choice of photo explained
- Prompt explained with link