What Else

AWhat Else

Ms Edwards

Ms Edwards

Wandering Wordsmiths; Emerging Experts; Living Learning

We are all learners; please be patient with us.

Wowser! It’s another day! What else could we do today?

What Else? That’s the question to ask, to be curious, to engage more fully in whatever you are doing.

And, “What Else?” is the question to ask when writing or creating — the thinking behind doing.

What Else? What detail, event, verb, description, structure, feature, etc. could I add to engage my reader in a mind movie, to inspire my reader to question, reflect, argue, and read on?

Which is why it is the question I ask daily, and is the question, when I was teaching for 31 years, that my students asked daily. Even our wiki and blogs were entitled:
What Else?

This blog shares my own thoughts, my own imperfect, learning journey, as I ask “What Else?” – even in retirement.

I also blog at Ask What Else at WordPress and you can find me on Google Plus

Thanks for stopping by…

Sheri Edwards

About Sheri Edwards

A Purpose

I taught Middle School Language Arts Media for thirty-one years and am now retired. Even so, I still understand that the world can be a global community, and building that community requires sharing and connections to understand each other and make the world better.

Students today enjoy the connectedness of social networking; it is part of their very being. My goal now and when teaching is to bring my instruction into that cloud to teach the content required in ways that inspire online responsibility and ethics in this new, very public world.

In addition, I, as I connect with other educators about the emerging issues and pedagogy of connected learning, I reflect here on those issues, pedagogy, and connections that make for a diverse dialogue about what education could be. These are my reflections.

Please remember we are all learning. Neither my words nor those of my former students represent our school district, and our words belong to each of us as we strive to become better learners.

We question, we converse, we express, we suggest, we explore. We ask, “What Else?”

I am learning together with my colleagues in my professional learning neighborhood as my students were also learning together to build their neighborhoods and practice digital citizenship.

We are learning forward. Thank you for your patience as we grow.

Sheri Edwards

This information document Blogging Guidelines explains purpose, value, netiquette, and strategies for blogging with students.

Bookmark and Share