Considering Issues and PLNs for Support #etmooc

I struggle with the issues of today’s education policies in the US. I know every teacher in my school is focused on our students’ learning. So all the negativity of “accountability”– degrades who they are, and they are wonderful teachers.

So I ask this:

Weather and Whether: education is more than tests; #etmooc from Sheri Edwards on Vimeo.

Weather or Whether #etmooc

Instead of spending millions on tests and teacher “accountability,” why not spend those millions on the infrastructure and technology to create neighborhoods of connected learners, neighborhoods online that connect experts, universities, and classrooms to the K20 education system so all students have access to learning with and from the world. Spend those millions on the tools that students use to learn and develop their passions, creating with others the possibilities and solutions for tomorrow.

How do we, classroom teachers, build the environment that truly fits our students’ needs — teaching to the whole child?

How do we support each other in the midst of these pressures to continue moving forward?
Then I answer with this:

Our PLNs guide us and offer support as we transform education to meet the needs of students and their futures.
We’ve got to think deeper, promote talents and passions.

“You’ve got to jump off cliffs and build your wings on the way down.” Ray Bradbury

We’re jumping off that cliff, spreading our wings, and building neighborhoods of support!  I can’t wait for the lipdub “Don’t Stop Me Now” — because we are moving forward!